Struggles

The struggle was real today. I had a 5 mile progression run on my training schedule today, which I was super jazzed about yesterday. I couldn't wait to run it. I don't know what's gotten in to me, but literally everything I do is either wedding related or running related. Which is fine by me.

I woke up this morning though and doubt started creeping in to my head. Like...do you really need to go run? Or, what's 5 miles in the grand scheme of things? And then I had a tough day at work which is usually great motivation for me to run, but I just wasn't feeling it. And then I forgot to pack my sports bra. So I ended up driving home and going back and forth "you really should go...aw, but I don't want to!" It was maddening!

I pulled in the driveway, stepped out of my car, and realized that on the Cape in mid February you don't get many 40 degree days so I ran inside and got ready.

And let me tell you, I am SO glad I did. Even though a car swerved TOWARD me and I had to jump onto rocks to get out of the way. And even though I stepped in a huge puddle of melting snow. I just let my mind wander and my legs carry me and I have never felt better. I was even treated to a club version of "Let It Go" on my playlist which was awkward and wonderful at the same time.

Running truly can be magical sometimes. It's freeing and special. I can't wait to see where Friday's run will take me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races