The Ups and Downs of the Holiday Hustle

"Disclaimer: I received AfterShokz Trekz Titanium wireless headphones to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews! All opinions are my own."



The holidays are supposed to be full of laughter and cheer and I would say 99% of the time they are. But what about when they’re not? The holiday season can be SO stressful! From finding the absolute perfect gift for everyone, to worrying about money, to decorating and wrapping all of the presents, life can get pretty stressful in December.

I’ve always turned to music to help me de-stress or podcasts to help me focus and put me in the right frame of mind to accomplish all of the things on my very long to-do list. When I’m home alone I regularly crank up the tunes and bust out my best Queen B impression (I’m basically as good as she is. I swear it.)

As soon as my husband comes home though, it’s a whole different ball game. He is in the middle of taking online classes for a new certification for work and I definitely do not want to disturb him while he is hard at work studying. And when he isn’t studying and is having fun, he can probably be found playing video games as his way to de-stress.

I really disliked being chained to my computer or phone with corded headphones. I felt like I wasn’t able to move about and accomplish everything that I needed to. Sure, I had my music or podcasts, which was nice, but I was essentially stationary at my laptop or tangled up in my headphone cords while trying to carry around my phone.

I was lucky enough to get to try a pair of AfterShokz TrekzTitanium wireless headphones thanks to BibRave and I will never go back! These headphones paired so easily to my computer’s Bluetooth and worked within about a 35-foot range of my device. Freedom! While using my AfterShokz Titanium Trekz headphones I was able to listen to my favorite holiday tunes (The Nutcracker Suite in case you were wondering) while decorating my Christmas tree AND while my husband played video games! So fun! I was also able to wrap presents without having to worry about wires getting in the way while he studied hard for finals later in the week. Plus they made de-stressing at the gym with a little me time on the treadmill even better. 
Holiday cleaning is a breeze! And fun now too!
The short of it is that AfterShokz have made a HUGE difference in my efficiency and overall sanity this holiday season. Sure, I still get stressed like everyone else, but it’s so much easier to take a deep breath, throw on my AfterShokz Trekz Titaniums, and rock out.


A little "me" time in the middle of the holiday action
How do you de-stress during the holiday season? Have you ever tried AfterShokz Trekz Titanium headphones before? Let me know!

-Happy Running! And Happy Holidays! 

Comments

  1. Yes!!! I have been rocking out non-stop lately and honestly, it's great because I'm not disturbing everyone else with my music. The tree looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm obsessed with mine too, especially when vacuuming! It's make it so much more enjoyable :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races