Quick and Delicious Meals- Luvo, Inc. Frozen Meal Review


"Disclaimer: I received Luvo Frozen Meals to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro(ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"

I love to eat anything and everything. What I don’t always love to do is cook, especially on busy nights after work and a long run. Especially when it comes to making healthy food to give me all of the nourishment I know I need.

Frozen meals have always been a staple in my diet, but up until now I always thought frozen meals were an unhealthy, albeit quick alternative to a home cooked meal. When I found out about Luvo Frozen Meals I was so excited to try out a healthy alternative to my normal frozen dinners!

I had a hard time finding Luvo Frozen Meals in my local grocery store, but lucky for me Luvo just opened up their own online store to make ordering fast and easy for everyone! Check out their online store here.

The online store’s interface was so easy to navigate and so fun to scroll through. I love that next to each product Luvo has listed the protein, whole grain content, and fruit/vegetable servings so you know exactly what you are ordering.


Luvo believes “that when you eat well, you feel and perform better in all aspects of life, so we’re on a mission to make wholesome, delicious meals more accessible for all. And we’re doing it by sticking to a few guiding principles:
-Food should be nutritious
-Food should be delicious
-The smart choice should be an easy choice
-Food should come from a good place"

Luvo has a lot of different meal options and I was lucky enough to try a few different ones!

Chicken and Corn Chowder:

From Luvo-“This chowder is loaded with veggies and chicken in a savory Dijon herb base” it has white chicken, kale, sweet potato, and white beans. This was my first Luvo meal ever and it was a hard one to top! What a way to start. I was so impressed by how complex the flavors were. It really packed a punch. I took this bowl for lunch and I definitely felt satisfied. See all of the nutrition facts here.




Roasted Cauliflower Mac and Cheese:

I seriously can’t pass up anything that says “mac and cheese.” I’m not joking. I should have added like 30 of these to my cart. This smelled so good as it was cooking (think cheesy and garlicy) that it made me so hungry and I forgot to snap a pic. This one was by far my favorite. I could have eaten another serving of it, if it was available. I was afraid the brown rice noodles would get gummy, but I personally didn’t find that at all. See all of the nutrition facts here.
Source
Kale Ricotta Ravioli:

Give me pasta and I’m yours forever. Luvo managed to make a staple in my diet healthy! The kale ricotta ravioli were great. I thought the pasta cooked up well, the sauce had a nice flavor, and the filling of the ravioli was great. See all of the nutrition facts here.


Quino and Veggie Enchilada Verde:

I’m still on the fence about this one…I liked the veggies in the bowl, but I wasn’t the biggest fan of the salsa verde. It still filled me up at lunch though! See all of the nutrition facts here.
Source

Overall, I was quite pleased with my Luvo meals. I couldn’t believe how quick and easy they were! And for between $5.99-$6.99 it’s a great deal for a simple lunch or dinner. I would definitely recommend giving their new online store a glance and maybe ordering a meal or two to try!



Comments

  1. Yay! I got to try the Luvo meals earlier this year and I really enjoyed them as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

Willimantic Half Marathon Training- A Reflection, Part 1