Sunday Runday

I did it. 10 miles in the books. Double Digits. I never thought it would be possible, quite honestly. 10 seems like a HUGE leap compared to 8 or 9. Maybe that's why stores always sell things for $9.99 instead on $10 because it looks so much better.

Anyways, I completed my first double digits training run and I am so incredibly proud of myself, but things did not go as planned. My legs were still incredibly tired. I don't know if at this point it was more of a mental thing than a physical thing, but I felt like a slug at some points. I actually had to walk for about 30 seconds because I was so fatigued. The walking seemed to help and then my jam came on my playlist and I was off.

And then there was the fact that I made a wrong turn very early in my run and was thrown off the rest of my run. I had carefully planned out where I was going to go to hit the 10 miles and then all of a sudden I had no idea where I was! Well, I had a vague idea and I couldn't hate the view. But, once I hit my 10 miles I messed up so bad I ended up 2.5 miles from where I had parked and had to walk the rest of the way there. At least it gave me a chance to shake out my legs. I was a little angry with myself though to say the least.

I did find moderate success with my eating and drinking strategies. I decided to eat my little energy blocks at miles 4 and 8, which I thought broke up the run well. I drank approximately every 2 miles or so. Maybe a little more. I have a somewhat small water bottle though, so I needed to conserve my water.

I also felt my pace was a lot better than it had been all week. I was rather consistent when looking at my splits, even with my walk breaks!

Overall, it was a tough morning. I am so glad I made it through and I feel like I am a better runner because of it. Once again I learned some things to help me next week for my long run. I just hope my legs feel a little looser and have a little more energy :) Happy Running!
Cape Cod Bay. Gotta love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races