Go Away Winter. And Never Come Back!

I did everything right. I planned out my outfit the night before (all 4 layers of it). I cut my KT tape. My hat and gloves were by the front door.
My messy pile of clothes ready to go! 

And then I woke up and was assaulted with horrible news from The Weather Channel. It was currently -7 degrees outside with a -25 degree windchill. I debated still running outside for a hot second and then decided against it. It looked like the treadmill was in my future. 

I will usually do almost ANYTHING to run outside and stay off the treadmill. Rain? No problem! Snow? Bring it! -7 degrees with a -25 degree windchill? Fine, you win Mother Nature, you cruel unfeeling bitch. You win.

-7 is a real thing in New England. Gross.

So, in the end I trudged to the gym and got my butt on the treadmill. I might or might not have watched The Today Show the whole time while thinking about the pancakes I was going to make with my Valentine when I got home. But, I made it! This week was my recovery week on my half marathon training schedule, so luckily it was only 6 miles. But I did it :) Pancakes for everyone! 

At the bitter end


What will you do to stay off the treadmill? How cold is too cold for you? 
Comment below and let us know! 



Happy Valentine's Day! 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races