Friday Fun

AHHHHH! The sound of Friday! The end of the work week, 2 days of relaxation ahead...oh wait. That is, unless you work in healthcare. I am lucky enough to have my dream job. I love what I do and I feel grateful every day that I get to go to work and help people. But I hate working on the weekends. It does mean a random day during the week off though...so I guess there's that? 

Today happens to be my day off, which is delightful. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and I got out there and ran an easy 5 miler along my favorite route on #NationalWearTheGibblersDay. I got some strange looks from passer-bys in my rainbow striped socks, but I gave them a polite head nod and a big ol' smile and was on my merry way. 

#TheGibblers ready for some action.

I also decided to drive my route for Sunday's run to try and prevent another debacle like last week. No more getting lost and ending up 2.5 miles from my car! Well...11 miles look LONG when you drive it. Very VERY long. I'm somewhat intimidated. But I'm also excited. Adding mileage it challenging and I am so proud of myself whenever I can say "I just ran further than I've EVER ran before." It's a damn good feeling! 

Good luck to everyone running the Hyannis Half Marathon this Sunday! I'll be cheering for you in spirit! I hope next year I'll be out there with you. Get ready for some breathtaking views if you've never ran it before! The Cape is a great place to run!

-Happy Running! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races