The Perfect Protein Bar- NuGo Nutrition


Disclaimer: I received NuGo Nutrition Egg White Protein Barsto review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRavePro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!



I love a good protein bar. Finding one that is the right texture and flavor is like a magical unicorn. There have been some that have come close to my high expectations, but most falter in one area or another.

I had seen different varieties of NuGo bars in the grocery store and tried one or two. The flavor profile was definitely there. I was so excited when I was asked to try NuGo’s newest product: Egg White Protein bars.

NuGo Nutrition boasts 10 different product lines (9 bars and 1 cookie!) all of which are free from artificial flavoring, colors, and sweeteners. They are also one of the only companies to use REAL dark chocolate in all of their products. Yum!

NoGo Nutrition released their Egg White Protein bars last month to much anticipation (at least on my part!). Other egg white protein bars had been a staple in my diet for a while, but the texture always left something to be desired so I was anxious to see what NuGo had to offer.



NuGo Nutrition’s Egg White Protein bars are gluten free and made with non-GMO egg whites. They offer 12-14g of protein per bar with 180-200 calories each. This is 2g more of protein with less calories than other egg white protein bars on the market.

Breakdown of NuGo Egg White Protein bars:
-12-14g protein
-Whole Food
-Paleo (3 flavors)
-Non-GMO
-Certified Gluten-Free and Kosher Pareve
-Real Fruits and Nuts
-No Dairy, Soy or Artificial Ingredients
-No Added Sugars

NuGo Egg White Protein bars come in 4 delicious flavors:
-Dark Chocolate with sea salt
-Peanut Butter (my absolute fave!)
-Blueberry
-Maple Pecan (a surprise 2nd place for me)

I am absolutely in love with the peanut butter flavor. I was a bit biased going in, knowing how much I love peanut butter and it didn’t let me down. The flavor is so rich and the texture of the bar is a little chewy, but not chalky at all.



The real surprise flavor for me was maple pecan. I do not like syrup at all so I was a little nervous to try this one. I was completely blown away by the flavor though! It was sweet, but also had hints of cinnamon and pecan. I couldn’t believe how much I liked this one.

As with any egg white bar, the texture of these bars can be a little chewy (especially if they’re warm). I found that popping them into the refrigerator about 30 minutes before I ate one helped firm it up a bit which made it easier to eat.  

I would highly suggest giving these delicious, easy to eat egg white protein bars a try. Try a box today (they have an assorted box!) using code BIBRAVE for 15% off NuGo Egg White Protein Bars until August 3, 2018!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

Willimantic Half Marathon Training- A Reflection, Part 1

The Ups and Downs of the Holiday Hustle