Trying to Solve a Murder, 1 Mile at a Time

After last week's kind of...crappy 10 miler, 11 miles seemed somewhat daunting. Not to mention that I had to work this weekend, which meant that I was going to have to run at 4am. Not the most ideal time for me. I need my beauty sleep!

So when I got out of work at a reasonable hour yesterday and the sun was still shining I knew I had to take advantage of the day. I rushed home, got my KT Tape on, strapped on my Garmin, and I hit the road. I decided to listen to Serial again as I ran, I found it put me in the zone. Nothing like listening to a crime drama to help you ignore how long 11 miles really is. 

Here are my thoughts, mile by long mile. 

Mile 1: Dang, it's way colder than I thought. I should have worn 2 long sleeve layers. Okay...DON'T turn on Bay Lane. Don't turn on Bay Lane...okay, good job. Keep on keeping on. 

Mile 2: Feeling good...feeling good. Keeping telling yourself that. 

Mile 3: Adnan totally didn't do it! There's no evidence! Good lord. It's like Making a Murderer all over again. 

Mile 3.5: ADNAN TOTALLY DID IT! ARGH! IT'S SO OBVIOUS!!! 

Mile 4.5: Feeeeeeeed me. 

Mile 6: Oooooh! Look at the water! Look at the sun reflecting over the water! Gotta stop to take a picture. You deserve a break now anyways. Let me take a selfie. 

Mile 7: The ocean at sunset. Gorgeous. Don't stop though, you might never start again. 

Mile 8-9: Serial. Cereal? Yum. I'm hungry, but I also kind of want to throw up. But I'm almost there. So damn close. These 9 miles have gone pretty smoothly, NEVER GIVE UP! 

Mile 10: You just did 10 miles faster than last week! And you don't want to die! One more to goooooo! 

Mile 10.5: It's kind of dark out now. When did that happen? I hope there's no killers waiting for me around the corner. I should stop listening to Serial while I run. 

Mile 11: LONGEST RUN EVER!!! Now to stretch my calves. Endorphins make me so happy! 


11 miles in the books! Longest run to date. 

What is your longest run during training? How did it go? What random thoughts have you had while running? 



-Happy Running! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races