Outside > Treadmill

Happy President's Day! For me, that means a rare Monday off and an even rarer 3 day weekend. It also meant another chance to run outside after being relegated to the treadmill yesterday. After the obligatory check of all social media outlets while lying in bed and a quick check of the weather (8 degrees! A regular heatwave after yesterday!) I ate my peanut butter toast, drank some water, and was ready.

Well, sort of ready. It took me 10 minutes to put on all of my layers and the waddle out to my car because I had so much stuff on. But, better cold than on a treadmill I say.

I decided to run my favorite route since it was a sunny, brisk day. It took me right past the ocean, which I think is ALWAYS good for you.


I realized as I was running, that I was basically following the course for the Hyannis Half Marathon at the end of May. And I thought to myself...hmm...I could run that. I live here. I could train on the course. I wouldn't have to stay in a hotel or drive super far. It seemed like a legitimate idea. And then I realized I would have to sign up for the race before my very FIRST half marathon even took place. Is that a crazy idea? I honestly don't know. Part of me says just go for it. The other part is like, slow your roll kid. 

So, I'm just going to think about it for now. And then probably register anyways. If I can run one, I can run two. 

Hope everyone has a good day! Happy running! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races