Willimantic Half Marathon Training- Week 14

Whoa! Where has the time gone?! Do you ever feel like you just have one of those weeks where there isn't enough hours in the day?

These past few weeks have been so busy for me, I feel like it's difficult to get in my training runs. I'd like to say I haven't missed a run, but that would be a lie. Part of it is because I felt like I needed some recovery time, but part of it is also the time factor. It's really stressing me out!

Week 14: 

Monday: 45 minutes on elliptical, core strengthening

Tuesday: Rest day
I just wasn't feeling it. My legs were tired from my long run on Sunday still and it was pouring outside. I probably should have gone to the gym, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. So I came home early and hung out. I'm okay with the decision.

Wednesday: 6 miles
My new Altra Provision 2.5 shoes finally came! And man, they are beautiful! I know there's a break in period for them, but I couldn't help myself. I ran all 6 in them and my legs felt fantastic. And my feet were so happy! Plus, I ran my fastest 5k ever so that was cool :)
Source
Thursday: Core work and leg day
Nothing too exciting here. I really am trying to stick with some type of strength training though. It's tough because I get so bored!

Friday: In Boston all day for a conference...managed to walk all over though.
Sort of a rest day, sort of a walking day?

Saturday: 2 miles
Just a quick run after work. I was feeling a little sore from all of the stairs I climbed in Boston on Friday though.

Sunday: 10 miles- steady
Sunday Runday! I got up early and make the trek out to Falmouth to give the Shining Sea Bikepath a try on the recommendation of Stacey Cape Cod Runner.  And this beauty did not disappoint! I had a great tailwind...until I turned around at mile 5. BAM! Tough stuff, but I gritted it out.

Let me take a selfie.
Total Mileage: 18 miles

Overall, not super impressed by my stats or effort in the least. This is the final stretch of training and I have to commit! Here's to the next two weeks going as planned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races