Johnny Kelley Half Marathon Training- Week 2

Week 2 and I'm feeling cool. I just wanted to rhyme. Although, I felt pretty darn good during week 2. Plus, the weather was basically perfect this week! 60 degrees and sunny?! Yes please!

Here's how week 2 went down: 

Monday: Another Monday, another rest day. I love trivia Mondays! 

Tuesday: 3.75 miles
3 miles steady, plus :20 sec sprint, 2:00 min slow x3. It was an awesome day outside, just a little chilly and I felt great running! Plus, it was the first time in as long as I can remember that I started AND finished running when there was still a sliver of light. But I brought along my Knuckle Lights just in case! 

Wednesday: 4 miles
Rain rain go away. I had 100% planned on running outside in the rain. I've actually come to like it a little bit. But there was some thunder in the area and I just didn't think it was the safest, so on to the treadmill I went. It was a long 4 miles. 

Thursday: Happy Birthday To Me! 

Friday: 4.15 miles
Absolutely fantastic weather yet again. Seriously, I couldn't ask for better weather. I was supposed to take this run a little slower and it felt nice to savor the gorgeous weather. 


Saturday: Elliptical and Strength Training
30 minutes on the elliptical just to keep moving and then worked a little bit on hip and core strengthening. 

Sunday: 6.3 miles
I branched out from my usual route and headed to the Cape Cod Canal, and boy am I glad I did! It was PERFECT! And I saw a huge barge, multiple lobster trappers, AND got to pet at least 5 dogs. Yes, I honestly couldn't have asked for a better run. 



Total Mileage: 18.2 miles

Overall I think this was a strong week, but I still have room for improvement. I know I need to strength train more and I need to add some tempo runs and intervals into my plan. 

How was your week? Are you training for anything?

-Happy Running! 

Comments

  1. Yay! Are you enjoying the Knuckle Lights? I'm training for life! (And also a few races coming my way too.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

2017 Races

The Ups and Downs of the Holiday Hustle