Johnny Kelley Half Marathon Training- Week 1

Week 1 is in the books people! It's always such a mix of emotions to start training for a goal race again. On one hand I'm super excited and can't wait until May to get out there and run. On the other, it's cold out right now, there's snow on the ground, and I know the next 16 weeks won't be easy. And that scares me a little bit. And it's also invigorating to know that I'm going to accomplish something that a lot of people won't even start.

Anyways...here's how week 1 went! 

Monday: Started the week off right...with a rest day! Hahaha. But Mondays are always trivia days, so I plan the rest of my workouts around it.

Tuesday: 3.25 miles
It was cold, windy, and rainy so just how I wanted to start off this training cycle. But it was kind of fun to splash through the puddles!

Wednesday: 3.25 miles
Massachusetts weather is bipolar. I swear it's ridiculous, but Wednesday was 55 degrees and sunny so I got my butt outside in my Spring running outfit. Damn did it feel good!

Thursday: Shoveling
Just to further prove how ridiculous the weather is, on Thursday we had a blizzard. Like a legit blizzard with 70 mph wind gusts and 10 inches of snow. So I shoveled my driveway 3 times.

Friday: 3 miles
Everything froze overnight and it was like a skating rink outside so I decided to do the responsible thing and run on the treadmill. I was less than entertained, but overall felt good.

Saturday: Shoveling
I woke up to more snow on the cars which meant I headed out the door with my trusty shovel and got to work.

Sunday: 5 miles
My legs were super tired today and I'm not sure if it was from dodging all of the melting puddles of snow or what, but I felt less than stellar for the "long run" of the week. But, week 1 is officially over!


Mileage Total: 14.5 miles

Overall I'm happy with week 1. Hopefully the weather gets a little better for the coming weeks, but I won't hold my breath.

On to week 2!

-Happy Running! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races