It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year...

Guess what time it is?! *drum roll please*

IT'S HALF MARATHON TRAINING TIME! 

I'm not a natural born runner. I'm probably the furthest from it. This will be my third (and fourth) time running a half marathon and my third time training for one.

I'm ready. Everything is written out and I have TWO journals! 
During my second round of training I used the Hal Higdon method and while it works for a lot of people, it just wasn't for me. I never felt like I was running enough and come race day I didn't feel prepared for the distance that lie ahead.
After my 2nd half...a little broken.
The very first time I trained I was SO confident in my ability to run the half marathon distance. Some called the plan I used a little crazy and excessive (it had me run 2 long runs of 13 miles and 2 at 14 miles) but I felt prepared. I knew I could finish.
I might look like I'm dying, but I think I was crying with happiness...


It's all about that bling! 
This session I'm going back to the first plan. I liked knowing I ran the distance multiple times before and that the plan added some speedwork/tempos into it (though I didn't know it at the time). I even signed up for a half to run as part of my training to work out the race day jitters and work on my race day strategy/fueling.

I'm ready! Here we go, Half Marathon Training 2017!

Comments

  1. Woohoo! I like training plans that take me right up to the distance (or a little past). Although I'm running a half in a few weeks and I've decidedly NOT trained for it (it was sort of a last minute decision). I'm not planning on PRing, just having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree! I love going into a race feeling super prepared. Good luck with your race, who knows maybe you'll surprise yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

2017 Races

One. More. Month.