~Vacation Recap~

Wow! Time sure does fly! I spent an amazing week with my honey traveling between my hometown of Chicago and his birthplace of Long Island. With all the traveling I was a little nervous that I wasn't going to get in my training runs, but I'm happy to report I stuck with my training plan! AND I got to run with my sister for the very first time ever.

#FlatSara ready for 13.1 training miles!
Sunday: 
13.1 miles through a local forest preserve. It was tough, but we kept a steady pace throughout. I felt so lucky to be able to run with my sister and I am so glad she's going to travel out East so we can run our first official half marathon together!


13.1! We did it!  
All smiles at the finish! So proud!
ProCompression and chocolate milk, the
recovery of champions

Tuesday: 
The start of my recovery week! 5 slow miles around my old neighborhood. It was excellent to run past my high school and all of my old haunts. I honestly never thought I'd see them running, it definitely wasn't something I did when I was living back home. 


Wednesday: 
A quick couple of miles before we were off on our plane!

Friday: 
On to Long Island! Good lord there are A LOT of hills there! I hadn't bargained for a hill workout and I wasn't quite prepared for it, but that's what I got. I felt quite accomplished when I was finished though. Despite the hills, I couldn't hate the amazing views of the water, Manhattan in the distance, and some sweet mosaics of the harbor. 


I was a day late wearing my green, but I my
ProCompression #Shamrocks were too awesome not to wear

Saturday: 
This was a tough one to get motivated for! We got back from the city late, my feet hurt from the day before, but I knew I had to get up early and bang out my 8 (hilly) miles otherwise it wouldn't get done. That half marathon isn't going to run itself you know! Saturday had more hills, more water, and some nice *me* time where I really had some time to just enjoy my run. I felt good and I felt so fortunate for that. 
Quick stretch by the water 

Overall, I had an awesome week away, I got to run in some new places and got the chance to spend some quality running time with my sister. It was great! I'm glad to be back and looking forward to the upcoming weeks. My training plan is peaking right now (Weeks 11-13) and then will start to taper. We'll see what happens! Wish me luck! 

Where is your favorite place to run? 

-Happy Running! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

Willimantic Half Marathon Training- A Reflection, Part 1