One. More. Month.

The Willimantic Half Marathon medals were released today! I was casually hanging out on Twitter today and saw that BibRave tweeted out a picture of them. I think I squealed with excitement when I saw it. My very first medal!


Naturally, I sent the picture to my sister RIGHT AWAY and she kindly reminded me, we are exactly ONE MONTH from race day! 

One month...holy cow. I honestly cannot believe it. 12 weeks of training down. 2 more long runs to go. 

I am still playing around with fueling before my runs. I thought I had it down, but I've started getting stomach aches again. So, I might go minimalist and see what happens. I think I've figured out raisins work well for me during runs. 

The biggest thing I need to figure out is hydration. Not so much when or what, but how. I've been using a hydration belt I got at Marshall's last summer, which has served me well. But it's starting to fall apart. And it doesn't hold enough. So I'm on the search for a new hydration system. I'm thinking of going with the Orange Mud Hydraquiver. It's gotten amazing reviews and everyone seems to love it. 

Overall, I feel good going into this last month. I can't wait to call myself a half marathon finisher! 

Comments

  1. Have you tried Honey Stinger for fuel? I had some stomach trouble with Sports Beans, but the Honey Stinger chews work well for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not done Honey Stingers yet. Someone else suggested that as well, I might head out and buy some to give it a go. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

2017 Races