My Top 5 Things To Do In Newport, RI


"Disclaimer: I received free entry to the Rhode Races Newport Half Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"



I absolutely love Newport, RI. From the natural beauty to man-made wonders, it is truly a spectacular and fun place to spend a weekend. I feel quite lucky that I only live an hour away and can fully take advantage of all of the greats things Newport has to offer on a year-round basis.

If you’ll be heading to Newport for the first time in April for the Rhode Races Newport Half Marathon, you’re probably wondering what there will be to do and see. Have no fear, I’m here to recap my top 5 things to do in Newport, RI.

Sara’s Top 5 in Newport:

1. The Newport Mansions: I don’t know if you have heard, but Newport used to be (and still is) the stomping ground of America’s elite. I’m talking the Vanderbilts, the Olerichs, and the Astors. These homes were considered summer “cottages” for wealthy families during the Gilded Age, but there’s nothing small and quaint about them. They’re some of the most spectacular residences I’ve ever seen. Definitely worth a tour!
Source

2. The International Tennis Hall of Fame: It seems a little strange to me that an International museum of anything would be in Newport. However, you’ll find the Tennis Hall of Fame here. Complete with artifacts throughout the history of tennis as well as a Roger Federer  hologram (!) this museum is a must for any tennis fan.

3. Newport Vineyards: I absolutely love wine. I was so lucky to discover Newport Vineyards a few years back. Originally planted in 1977, Newport Vineyards has been delighting wine lovers ever since. They recently added a cafe and restaurant to the property with absolutely delicious food.

4. The Cliff Walk: If you don’t want to spend time inside the Mansions, you can enjoy the fresh air and take a walk along the 3.5 mile path called the Cliff Walk. It boasts “panoramic ocean views” on one side and “stunning, century old Gilded Age mansions on the other” it’s sure to please the nature lover in you.

Source

5. Eat, eat, eat: Newport is an up and coming foodie scene. With new restaurants opening all of the time there is something for everyone here. One of my favorites is Brick Alley Pub. The menu is huge, the beer is delicious, and the people are great!

What do you plan on doing when you get to Newport?

I hope to see you in Newport on April 14th! Use code “BibRave” to get 10% off your registration.




-Happy Running!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races