Going For The 3-Peat! -Rock n' Roll Philadelphia


"Disclaimer: I received free entry to the Rock n’ RollPhiladelphia as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"


I’m going for the 3-peat at Rock n’ Roll Philadelphia this September! In the Fall of 2016 this was my second half marathon ever and it was so much fun! This year will mark my third year in a row as well as my 10th half marathon! I can’t believe I’m on my way to double digits!

Rock n’ Roll races have always been some of my favorites. Last year alone I ran three of them (Chicago, Philly, and Brooklyn)! The energy is amazing and the crowd support is top notch.

This year, Rock n’ Roll promises that the races are going to be even bigger and better than previous years. According to the Rock n’ Roll website there will be more music, better runner support, and more community engagement.


I’ve always loved the Philadelphia race because the crowd support especially at the beginning is out of this world. Plus between miles 4-6 it’s SO fun to run past the Eagles Marching Band. Last year I stopped for a little and grooved out because I am obsessed with marching bands. Seriously!

Rumor has it the pacers this year will also be carrying music to keep everyone motivated and on track to reach their pace goals. I think this is such a fun idea! They’ll also be carrying much more noticeable pace signs, which will be super helpful. Last year in Brooklyn I lost my pacer at the beginning because there was just a swell of people and she was a little on the short side. I ended up running my own race, but I feel like I could have done much better if I was with the pacer.

I am 100% ready to head back to the City of Brotherly Love and I can’t wait to see my fellow Pros there! Cheesesteak anyone?

Want to run with me? Use code “RNRBRP2018” for $15 off the Half! See you there!



-Happy Running!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

Willimantic Half Marathon Training- A Reflection, Part 1