I'm Running on Air


"Disclaimer: I received a pair of AfterShokz Trekz Airbone conduction headphones as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"



I’ve been searching for the perfect pair of wireless headphones for a long time now. I was wired and tied to my phone for far too long. The pain of having to untangle feet of cord just to have some tunes during my run was all too real.

I got the opportunity to try the AfterShokz Trekz Titanium headphones in December to help me overcome some holiday hurdles. I was pretty much sold on these headphones from the start. The sound was amazing and they were super comfortable.

When BibRave asked for some Pros to check out the new AfterShokz Trekz Air, I knew I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.

According to AfterShokz, the Trekz Air feature:
“-Bone conduction technology delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to hear ambient sounds
-A 20% lighter build than its counterpart
-A new organic design delivers increased comfort
-Complete wraparound titanium design provides a flexible fit for unnoticeable all-day comfort and stability
-OpenFit™ design ensures maximum situational awareness and comfort during long-term wear
-PremiumPitch+™ guarantees a premium audio experience, including wide dynamic range and rich bass
-Bluetooth® v4.2 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing
-LeakSlayer™ technology significantly reduces natural sound leakage
-IP55 certified to repel sweat, dust and moisture, from workouts to wicked weather
-Enjoy six hours of continuous music + calls on a single charge
-EQ presets boost bass and reduce vibration on the go
-Dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech
-Audrey Says™ voice prompts guide users through power, pair, play and talk
-Hassle-free 2-year warranty”


So what does this mean?

Well, in short it means that the Trekz Airs are simply wonderful. I never thought I would notice a difference in weight, but after the first few times wearing them I actually forgot they were on. The new over ear shape also felt a little more secure and comfortable. I was a little skeptical at first because the Trekz Airs did not come with FitBands like the Trekz Titanium did. I found that I needed the FitBands to help reduce slippage on my Trekz Titaniums. They helped so much and made the overall fit way better for my head shape. I was worried that not having the FitBands with the Trekz Air would make them bounce when I was running and call attention to them (i.e. get on my nerves!). The new design of the Trekz Air allows for a secure fit right off the bat.

Difference in shapes

I was also super excited that the new, sleeker design of the Trekz Air made wearing them with my earmuffs so much easier. My ears absolutely freeze when I’m outside so I always have to cover them. I was pleasantly surprised that the new Trekz Air allows me to cover my ears completely while still providing awesome sound and comfort.
 
Ears covered, headphones on!



One thing that has been challenging to me with using these (and the Trekz Titanium too) is skipping a song. You’re supposed to hit the multifunction button x2 to change a song and I just haven’t been able to find the right speed at which to do so. I usually end up pausing the song I’m listening to (multifunction button x1). It’s probably just my lack of coordination, but it’s something I’ve noticed.

Overall, you will NOT be disappointed in these babies. The Trekz Air offer you the ability to stay aware of your surrounding on a run/cycle/walk while not compromising any sound quality. They are amazingly light (you won’t even know you have them on!) and fit well with hats, visors, headbands, and glasses. Not to mention the battery life is insane- at least 6 hours of continuous activity before a change. If you’re looking for wireless headphone that will totally change your workout game, AfterShokz Trekz Air are for you. You won’t be sorry.

-What are your favorite wireless headphones? Have you ever tried bone conduction technology before?



Use code "TRUCKER" at checkout to receive a bonus trucker hat with your order! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

2017 Races

I'm Back Baby!