Did Someone Say Snacks?! Health Warrior Chia Bar Review

"Disclaimer: I received 2 free boxes of Health Warrior Chia Bars as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRavePro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"

If there is one thing you should know about me it’s that I like to eat. I mean, I LOVE food. All of it. I don’t really discriminate. Which I suppose can get me in trouble, since I haven’t always been known to make the best choices when I’m hungry. And then throw in the culture of my office at work (food on top of sugary food) and at times I’m surprised I can still fit in my pants.

When I was given the opportunity to try 2 different flavors of Health Warrior Chia Bars as part of being a BibRave Pro I jumped at the opportunity. Food + chia (my favorite superfood), what’s not to love?!

Health Warrior Chia Bars are packed full of nutrients and amazing ingredients starting with the star of the show- chia. I was amazed to find out that ounce for ounce chia packs:
-More omega-3 than salmon
-More protein than an egg
-More fiber than flax
-And more calcium than 1% milk

Which is pretty crazy if you think about it! No wonder it’s called a superfood! Not only do chia seeds pack a punch nutrition wise, but they soaks up water and help you stay hydrated and full longer. Cool! Just check out the nutrition label from the Apple Cinnamon bars:



I was pleasantly surprised to open my box of Health Warrior Chia Bars and see a lovely handwritten note from the team over at Health Warrior as well as an added bonus of the Marathon Training Coloring Book! A coloring book all about running and chia seeds?! Yes please!


I was super excited to get the Apple Cinnamon and Dark Chocolate flavors to try. Those are two of my favorite flavors in general and I couldn’t wait to put Health Warrior to the test. If those two aren’t your jam though, they have 8 regular flavors, plus a special November edition Sea Salt Caramel flavor up on their website right now.

I packed an Apple Cinnamon bar in my lunch for the next day and was anxious to try it. I was a little dubious that the bar would be able to tide my morning food cravings (I’m always ravenous at about 10:30am) since they are about 3in. long, but I knew they were better for me than the stuff I normally ate around that time so I kept an open mind. And man am I glad that I did!


From the very first bite I was obsessed. I am not even joking a little. The Apple Cinnamon flavor was so bright and reminded me of Fall. I loved the texture of the bar and the little crunch the chia seeds provided. The only drawback was the number of chia seeds that ended up stuck in my teeth. It was a bit crazy, but I self consciously hurried to the bathroom and dealt with it. That 3 in. chia bar kept me full right up until lunch and even to the point where I felt like I didn’t need to eat everything that I brought.

I decided to give my husband one for his lunch as well and was anxious to hear what he thought since he normally shied away from all things “healthy.” I got a text at noon saying “Oh my gosh! We need to order more right away! I love these things!” With that ringing endorsement, I knew Health Warrior was going to be a new staple in our home.

The Dark Chocolate was in my lunch the next day and I liked the flavor, but felt that it could have been a little chocolatier. That’s just my personal opinion since I love chocolate. But the same great texture was there as well as the ability to keep my tummy full the entire morning.

I received 30 bars total and though I have eaten my fair share I have also given away at least 10 to friends, family, and coworkers. I have had so many people ask what I’m eating and I spend the next 5 minutes talking their ear off about how great Health Warrior Chia Bars are that I bring in a sample for them to try. I am such a big believer in these bars, I can’t believe I’ve gone so long without them in my life.

Needless to say I’m hooked. I’ve already ordered 3 more boxes and I can guarantee these will be a staple in my lunch box.
Almost gone. Time to reorder!
But let’s not forget about the fun surprise Health Warrior included with my order! (Get yours here with every order!) This awesome Marathon Training Coloring Book! It features fun and at times, oh so true pages taking you on a training journey. Everyone needs one, it’s just so relatable.



So, bottom line: Health Warrior Chia Bars are all they promise to be and more. I love that they are healthy and provide me with the superfoods my body needs, but are tasty as well.

Get the Marathon Training Coloring Book for free with your order when you use this link: http://healthwarrior.link/colorbookbr!



-Happy Running!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

Willimantic Half Marathon Training- A Reflection, Part 1