#BeBrilliant, #BeSeen with Brilliant Reflective Strips!

Disclaimer: I received 2 packs of Brilliant Reflective Strips to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!

I have almost been hit by a car 5 times while running. I feel that when I run I am extremely careful, but you can't control other people. I always run in neon colors, if it's dark out I make sure I have a headlamp or my Knuckle Lights, and I seek out the sidewalks in my neighborhood (they are few and far between, but if you look hard enough, they're there).

When looking at my running apparel, I thought it was pretty good. I mean, it was bright and there were some strips around some zippers of reflective material. I put little faith in the "reflective logos" that companies are always writing about, but that's just me.

Thankfully, Brilliant Reflective is making it easier for everyone to be seen. Brilliant Reflective strips come 2 different ways- either iron-on for a permanent fix or stick on for a semi-permanent solution for all of your gear.

Brilliant Reflective Strips are made with a proprietary retroreflective material, which means that when a light shines on it, it is reflected RIGHT BACK TO THE SOURCE! How cool is that?! From Brilliant Reflective, "The material is made out of millions of tiny glass beads that are coated with aluminum on the bottom half of the bead. This allows the light to come from any direction and reflect back to the source rather than bounce off at an angle, like a mirror." It is significantly visible for 300+ meters.

Brilliant Reflective recommends placing the strips in strategic places to let cars know you're a person (seems logical, right?!) Here's their guide:
Source

I tried to follow their guide the best I could, but I also modified it a bit since I wanted to put my Brilliant Reflective strips on a few pieces of clothing to try it out. I ironed on the strips in a matter of minutes. Honestly the most challenging part was setting up my ironing board.


I chose to iron onto a couple of my long sleeved quarter zips that I wear in the Fall and Winter, since that is my prime dark, outdoor running time. I did the strip on strips to one of my short sleeved shirts and actually wore it on a run this evening at dusk. I felt completely at ease knowing that drivers could see me better!
Look at how it shines!
So far all of my gear has held up really well, though I've only washed it once. I'm excited to see how the stick-ons fare on my short sleeved shirt, I have a feeling they'll do great and be with me for a long time.

I am so thankful for Brilliant Reflective and I feel so much safer with these strips on my gear. I highly recommend them to everyone, you NEED to be seen!

Use code "BRPmulti" for 20% off multipacks at bit.ly/BRforRunners



Join me on Twitter on Tuesday September 12th at 9pm EST for the Brilliant Reflective sponsored #BibChat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races