2017 Races

I set big goals for myself in 2017. There's no hiding the fact that I want to completely dominate my 2017 running schedule. I'm so excited to share it with you!

2017 Schedule: 

May:
I have not one, but TWO 1/2 marathons planned for May. I am training for my goal half over Memorial Day Weekend. I decided to slip in one at the beginning of the month as well which happens to fall on a 14 mile training day. So why not run a race?! More bling=happy Sara. 

So, let's take a closer look, shall we? 

May 7th: 
Touted as one of the top 5 small town marathon/half marathons in the country, I knew I had to sign up! I will be in the midst of my training schedule for my goal half marathon later in the month and the date just perfectly fell on a day when a 14 miler was scheduled. 

According to the race website, "The course is a nice mix of historic urban and rural neighborhoods as the race starts in Downtown Providence and heads along the Providence River to India Point Park before heading down tree lined Blackstone Boulevard towards Pawtucket." Wouldn't you know those are some of my FAVORITE places in Providence?! I absolutely cannot wait! 

May 28th: 
FINALLY! I will be running a half marathon in the state I live in! This is going to be my Spring goal half marathon. I've had this race circled on my calendar since last year when I signed up but had to defer due to injury. I absolutely cannot wait to run a course that is so familiar to me. 

The course passes by some of the most beautiful beaches on my part of the Cape, not to mention I run a part of the course during all of my long training runs. I'm hoping for a PR, but I'm just excited to finally be able to run in my own town! 

July:
Welllll...my sister and I might have gone temporarily crazy when we signed up for these races. Rock n' Roll events are just too good to pass up! 

July 15th: 
Chicago in July is no joke. Neither are Rock n' Roll events. Chicago is my absolute favorite city on the entire planet and what better way is there to become intimately familiar with a city than running 16.2 miles through it over 2 days?! I grew up in Chicago and I know the ins and outs, but I didn't start running until I moved away. I can't wait to go back home and run the town! 

July 16th: 
My sister and I decided to participate in the Remix Challenge because we love running, but we love the bling even more. We run through 9 different neighborhoods and past some of the most iconic landmarks in the City (maybe even in country!) Sure, it might be close to 100 degrees in mid-July, but Rock n' Roll is ALWAYS known for it's amazing runner support so I'm confident we'll make it through. 

September: 
Rounding out my schedule (for now) is another Rock n' Roll event. I just can't get enough of them! 

September 17th: 
I ran it last year with one of my best friends. And we're coming back for redemption! Last year was SO disgustingly humid I couldn't even stand it. And my friend's hip really started to bother her after 5 miles. So we're coming back in September to kill it! 


So that's it for now. I wouldn't mind adding an October race to the schedule (I'm looking at you RnR Brooklyn!) , but I haven't made any decisions yet. We'll see how the start of the season goes. Wish me luck! 


What does your 2017 schedule look like?

-Happy Running! 

Comments

  1. Awesome plans so far! Maybe I'll get my act together and run the Philly RnR half too. Or cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

Willimantic Half Marathon Training- A Reflection, Part 1