2016, a Retrospective. And a look at 2017!

Oh 2016...the year everyone seems to love to hate. A LOT of shit went down. And I mean A LOT.

I'm going to come right out and saw it though...I LOVED 2016!  

Okay, I didn't love all of the stuff that got everyone down, but let's recap my (personally awesome) year, shall we: 

1. I achieved my goal of training for and running a half marathon. And I beat the time I secretly set for myself too! My sister and I crushed it and ran it in 2:22:50. Crossing the finish line was seriously one of the best feelings EVER. I chased that high for the rest of the year! 
  • I also ran my second half marathon ever with one of my best friends! I personally didn't run for time, but just ran to support her on her first ever half marathon attempt. Rock n' Roll Philly was a blast! I can't wait to go back next year! 
2. I got married. Okay, so not exactly running related, but pretty damn important! And might I just say, people don't lie when they say it is the BEST DAY EVER

3. In June I hit a personal milestone of 1 full year of running. I never thought I would be able to say I was a runner. And here I am a 2 time half marathon finisher getting ready to start training for another one. 

4. I got to meet a lot of new running friends. Some are near and a lot are far, but I am so lucky to call them all friends. 

2016 was pretty good for me, but I know I need to set some goals for 2017 to just totally KILL IT! 


2017 Goals:

  • Run double the number of half marathons I ran in 2016Kind of a silly goal, but I want to challenge myself. And it's all about the bling, right? 
  • Focus on strength training and flexibility. I know it's important. You know it's important. Yet I still don't do it enough. That's about to change. 
  • Be consistent. Whether it's running, blogging, or strength training. The key to progress and success is consistency. 
  • Improve my nutrition. I love sweets. And pizza. And that's all well and good in moderation, but some vegetables might be nice every once in awhile too. 
  • Be injury free. This goes hand in hand with strength training and flexibility. There's the physical therapist in me. 

So there they are. Written down for everyone to see. No going back on them now. 



What are your 2017 goals?

-Happy Running! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races