Why I'm Running Rock n' Roll Brooklyn

Disclaimer: I received free entry to Rock n' Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews! 


Well, I decided to add another 1/2 marathon to my schedule for the year. I swore to myself that after Rock n' Roll Philly in September I was going to be D-O-N-E DONE with 1/2 marathons for a little bit. Rock n' Roll Chicago was SO fun and I was itching to add another race to my schedule. And then I got the opportunity to run Rock n' Roll Brooklyn on October 14, 2017 as part of being a BibRave Pro I KNEW I had to take it!

So why did I decide to run another race? Great question!

The Course is AMAZING:
Though I've spent a lot of time in Manhattan and New York state over the years since my husband's family is from the area, I've really never been to Brooklyn (except for a REALLY terrifying 3am subway ride...but that's a different story). One look at the course map and I was sold. About half of the race takes place in Prospect Park, the second largest park in Brooklyn at just over 500 acres. The course takes us past the zoo, the botanical gardens, and of course the Brooklyn Museum.

The Weather:
Obviously I can't predict the weather, but I think it's pretty safe to say that October in New York will be awesome. The Fall on the East Coast is simply breathtaking. The cooler weather, crisp air, and changing leaves make running through the Fall SO much more enjoyable in my opinion!

A Brand New Race:
Rock n' Roll added a new 5 mile course this year and it is being tagged as a new way to "rock Brooklyn and explore quintessential neighborhoods and iconic sites." The course looks super fun as it starts and ends in Prospect Park. You can read more about the 5 mile race here!

The Bling (and swag!):
It's all about the bling, right?! Rock n' Roll races are never short on awesome bling, and #RnRBrooklyn does not disappoint! Check out these medals! The style of each medal is similar, but there is clearly a difference between the half marathon medal and the 5 mile medal, which I like. I wish I was able to run both races though! #obsessedwithbling And how cute are the technical race shirts? I love them! The navy blue is so flattering and I can't wait to rock it on a future run.

 






I am SO excited to run this race and can't wait for October to come! New York is one of my favorite cities and I'm stoked to run and explore a place I haven't spent a lot of time in.


Will I see anyone else there?


Use code "BIBRAVE15" at checkout to save $15 on registration! Sign up now and run with me through New York's hippest borough!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

Willimantic Half Marathon Training- A Reflection, Part 1