Johnny Kelley Half Marathon Training Weeks 4-5

Wow it's been a busy couple of weeks! Training Weeks 4 and 5 are in the books which means there are only 11 more to go! Yay! haha...I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself. My race is at the end of May and we're only in the middle of March. So I've got awhile to go. But I digress.

Week 4: 
Monday: Rest day
Tuesday: 5 miles
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday: Gym day! Elliptical and strength training
Friday: 4.5 miles
Saturday: Yoga
Sunday: 9.15 miles

Total Mileage: 23.65 miles

Week 4 felt really good. I felt like I was really able to find my pacing again and maintain a steady state during all of my runs. Sunday was super cold at a "feels like temperature" of -5 degrees, but I made it through!

Views like these don't hurt either! It was nice to run with all of the trees blocking some of the wind.

Week 5: 
Monday: Rest day
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: Unintended rest :(
Thursday: Gym day- Elliptical and strength training
Friday: 4.1 miles
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 6 miles

Total Mileage: 14.1 miles

For a cutback week, this was a super tough week for me. My legs felt horrible after my run on Tuesday, my left leg felt all out of whack and I really felt like if I pushed it on Wednesday I would do more harm that good. So I made the decision to rest when I was supposed to do 5 miles and I think that made some difference for my runs on Friday and Sunday. The extreme cold and wind didn't really help things either this week. I thought Sunday of week 4 was cold...hahaha. That was nothing compared to Sunday of week 5!

Slogging my way through week 5

Moving on from this tough week to week 6! I'm hoping the weather cooperates a bit more, though it doesn't look like it's going to. Fingers crossed that we don't get as much snow as they saw we will!

-Happy Running! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

Willimantic Half Marathon Training- A Reflection, Part 1