Rock n' Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon Training- Weeks 5-6

Whoa! Time flies when you're running and having fun! I'm now officially 6 weeks out from the Rock n' Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon in September and I absolutely cannot wait! Not only do I get to run a great city with one of my favorite bands playing for us (Guster!), I get to do it with one of my best friends! Hooray for running friends!

So how did the past 2 weeks go for me? Do you want the long answer or the short answer? The short answer is...sweaty! Though I chose to do most of my runs on the treadmill (something I never thought I'd say) because of the heat, I thought they all went pretty well and my foot felt good. My new pair of Oofos that I get to throw on after the runs didn't hurt anything either.

Week 5:
I'll keep it short: total miles- 16.5 miles with a long run on Sunday after work of 6 miles.

Overall, a good week. I felt really good going in to my long run, and then decided to run outside after work and all hell broke loose. It was HOT even though the temperature was only 75 degrees. Tough, tough run but I gutted through it. I definitely didn't love it though!

Week 6:
Monday: Rest day- My legs felt SOOOO tired after Sunday's effort, so I took a rest day. And I loved it.

Tuesday: 4 miles- A little slow and boring, but overall I felt good. Treadmills are boring.

Wednesday: 30 minutes on elliptical

Thursday: Rest day

Friday: 4 miles- More treadmill, more of the same. I felt good which was great but I'm getting really bored with running on the treadmill. The softer landing HAS been helping my foot though and it's always nice not to pass out in the heat outside.

Saturday: Birthday party for my friend's daughter- Running after 1 year olds all day

Sunday: 3.1 miles- Thank GOD for the Olympics on the TV because if it wasn't for the beach volleyball players, I probably would have quit this run. For a short run that was supposed to be slow, I felt like I was running way too hard. Didn't love it.

Total weekly mileage: 11.1 miles

So there it is. Bring on week 7!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races