Rock n' Roll Philadelphia Half Training Recap- Week 4

Well, I got sick of waiting around to see if my plantar fasciitis would get better and I decided to just go for it. You need to actually train for a half marathon, right? So I thought I'd get back on the metaphorical horse this week.

Monday- 4 miles
Summer has truly hit. Holy cow it was hot. And disgusting. I think I guzzled more water/Nuun during that run than any other (including my half). My pace was decent (10:05 min/mi) but it was truly a hot one!
OMG it's hot!

Tuesday-Cross training: 35 minutes elliptical, core strengthening
Hit the gym on Tuesday for some cross training on the elliptical (is that really cross training? I'm never sure) and some core strengthening. It was nice to be in air conditioning!

Wednesday- Adaptive Cycling
I LOVE my job and I am so lucky to get to participate in such awesome adaptive sports to help people with disabilities. Wednesday was adaptive cycling!

Thursday- rest
I decided to take a rest day to kick my feet up (literally), stretch out my PF, and generally relax.
Stretch like no one is watching.
Friday- 3.5 miles
Well, I thought it couldn't get any worse after Monday. Friday was truly one of the most awful, humid runs EVER, I thought I was going to pass out at some points. Definitely not safe.

Saturday- rest
I had planned on going to the gym after work on Saturday, but my foot was killing me so I decided to take another break, get some ice on it, and stretch.

Sunday- 5 miles
The forecast for Sunday looked like it was going to be another hot one. Which was no surprise since the entire country is in a heat wave. I decided to play it safe and spend my 5 miles on the dreadmill at the gym. It would have been slightly more enjoyable if all of the TVs weren't ALL tuned to Fox News. Can't a girl get a little HGTV while she runs?!

5 miles to round out the week! 

Weekly Mileage: 12.5

On to week 5! I think my strategy for week 5 is to stay on the treadmill for now. It's 1) indoors which decreases the chances of me passing out AND 2) I've realized it also lessens the impact on my foot a little bit. We'll see how it goes!

What are you training for? How's it going?! 


-Happy Running! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races