Top 5 Things to Do In Philadelphia During The Rock n' Roll Weekend!


"Disclaimer: I received free entry to the Rock n' Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRavePro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"


Philadelphia is one heck of a city. Food? Check. Sports? Check. History? Major check. I am so excited to be heading back there for a 3rd year in a row to run the Rock n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon in September. I haven’t been able to spend a lot of time in the City of Brotherly Love, but this year I plan to change that. I want to arrive a couple of days early so I can take in all of the sights and sounds.

Here’s my list of the Top 5 super touristy things to do while you’re visiting Philadelphia for Rock n’ Roll-

1. Climb the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and pretend you’re a champion-
It was a sad day when the museum moved the statue from its iconic perch on top of the museum steps. However, you can still find Rocky and snap a pic with him at the bottom of the steps. Totally worth hammin’ it up!
2. Visit Independence Hall, pretend you’re in Hamilton-
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past 3 years, you know how AMAZING Hamilton is and how it has infiltrated American pop culture. Believe it or not, you can visit the place where the Declaration of Independence was signed, see the Liberty Bell, and learn why Hamilton and the rest of the Founding Fathers really rocked.

3. Eat a post race meal (or 6) at Reading Terminal Market-
The oldest continuous running farmers market boasts numerous stands with delicious cheeses, desserts, and other goodies PLUS more than 30 restaurants. Bring on the calories!

Beiler's Doughnuts- source


4. Visit the LOVE sculpture-
It’s cliché, it’s cheesy, and it’s a total MUST.
5. Eat a cheesesteak-
I LOVE to eat. The first time I ate a legit cheesesteak I think I cried because I was so happy. So when you’re in town, you have to make your way to South 9th Street and Passyunk Avenue to try two of the most famous sandwiches in the city. Decide for yourself if you’re a Pat’s or a Geno’s. For the record, Pat’s all the way.

Most importantly, just have fun! Philadelphia has so much to offer to the new visitor and seasoned tourist. Let me know all of the fun things you do while you’re there!

-Happy Running!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races