Training for the New Jersey Half Marathon


"Disclaimer: I received free entry to the NewJersey(Half) Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"



I announced my plan to run the New Jersey Half Marathon on April 29th last December. Since then I’ve been running, running, running!

I just wanted to give everyone an update on my training and what’s been going on since December.

I decided a while ago that I wanted to challenge myself with the Hanson’s Beginner Half Marathon as my training plan. It looked like a plan that would definitely push me, but I wouldn’t absolutely want to die.

11 weeks into the plan and I would say there have been some highs and lows. I followed the program to a T for 6 weeks. And then it had me start running 6 days a week and my body couldn’t keep up. I adapted the plan a bit to fit how I was feeling a bit and it was going really really well. Most of my runs felt really good and I was so excited about the paces I was hitting.

I still felt like my training was lacking a bit in terms of strength training. I have really tried hard to incorporate strength training into my routine, but I just haven’t had the discipline to follow through on my own.

I decided to join a CrossFit box near me to really push my strength and up my conditioning. I’m 2 weeks in and absolutely loving it! My legs feel stronger and I feel like my mental preparation for the touch long runs in this plan has improved greatly.

I know 2 weeks isn’t enough to see a huge change, but I just feel so much better about my runs now! With 7 weeks to go until race day I absolutely cannot wait to take on the course.

Will I see you there?! Look for me in the BibRave Pro Orange!



Use code “NJMBibRave18” for $5 off all races!



-Happy Running!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races