#XtheOdor with Sweat X Sport!

"Disclaimer: I received a sample of Sweat X Sport to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"


Alright, truth time. I sweat. A lot. Like, so much that my husband won’t give me a hug or generally come near me after I workout. Since I started running I’ve been trying to find a detergent that can handle my stinky workout clothes.


I think in total I’ve tried 4 different detergents all of which helped on the surface, but if I started to sweat again the smell came back. Luckily, I got to try a sample of Sweat X Sport Xtreme Sportswear Detergent and Xtreme Odor Eliminator as part of being a BibRave Pro. Sweat X doesn’t just mask the stinky scent, it eliminates it entirely.


According to Sweat X Sport’s website, “Sweat X deploys NANOVASIVE™ technology that exfoliates stains and infested sweat known to cause odor in uniforms and activewear.” Sweat X is safe to use in HE washers and if you have a septic tank (which I do!) AND most importantly, Sweat X is non-toxic and has been shown to have no dermal impact so allergy suffers rejoice!


I have used the Xtreme Odor Eliminator spray on shoes and my fabric car seat. Even though I use a towel over my seat after I run I’ve noticed that there is a little bit of an odor sinking into the seat. The Xtreme Odor Eliminator spray was so pleasant smelling and I noticed a difference in my car even days after I sprayed it. My shoes were a different story though. The Xtreme Odor Eliminator spray just wasn’t enough to handle miles and miles of sweaty feet and stink. I have tried it a couple of times and while everything smells okay initially, it just didn’t last for these particular pair of sneaks. However, Sweat X recommends soaking smelly shoes and other gear in a tub of water and a ½ cap to a full cap of Sweat X Xtreme Sportswear Detergent if the equipment has really tough/built up odors.


I tried out this soaking method on my running shoes and am happy to report that they are as fresh as the day I bought them. I have also used the Sweat X Xtreme Sportswear Detergent multiple times with our workout clothes and it really does get the odor out. I have a bad habit of only washing my workout clothes once a week which means that there’s a lot of time for odor to settle and accumulate (While writing this, I realize I’m pretty gross and need to do laundry more). Sweat X Sport tackled the toughest of odors from my long runs and left my clothes smelling fresh and clean.


Since I (currently) only do laundry once a week, I’ve had to modify the recommendation of 1 oz per load to 1.5 oz per load. I found that this helped just a little bit more for those tough to beat smells. If I washed something the day I wore it though (which happened once or twice) I only needed the 1 oz.


In my time testing this product I’ve found that Sweat X Sport really does help eliminate odor in all of my stinkiest clothes and gear. It’s left really smelly workout clothes and shoes smelling fresh and clean, even if they hadn’t been washed in a few days. If it can work for my husband and I, it can work for you!


What sports detergents have you used? Do you find they mask the odors or eliminate them completely? Let me know!

Use code "BibRave15" for 15% off your purchase at https://sweatxsport.com/shop/


-Happy Running!




Comments

  1. Sounds awesome! I think I'll need to get some, my clothes are in dire need!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

2017 Races