Half Marathon Training Round 2!

Well, here I go again! 

Today marks the first day of round 2 of half marathon training as I prepare for Rock n' Roll Philadelphia in September.

As you might know, I've been dealing with a little case of plantar fasciitis for...3 months or so which has really put a damper on some things. But, I'm really throwing caution to the wind with this (stupid maybe...) and I'm going for it!

So today was my first run- 3.5 miles in all. Nothing to write home about and I felt pretty good. But what I came home to is even more exciting to me!

I came home to a lovely package in the mail from the AWESOME people at Kendall GelThotics. I had gotten in contact with them when I read about their new insoles and how they provide the highest level of shock absorption and support for heel pain, plantar fasciitis, as well as some other foot problems. We talked for a little bit and I told them about my own bout with plantar fasciitis and how I'm starting to train again. And wouldn't you know, they were kind enough to send me a pair to try out during training.

So lucky you! You all get to read all about my adventures of training with these great new GelThotics (isn't the name great?!) I seriously can't wait to try them out on my run tomorrow. Just walking around with them in my shoes felt good.

I'll make sure to keep you all posted with my progress toward a pain free heel (fingers crossed!)

-Happy Running! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

Willimantic Half Marathon Training- A Reflection, Part 1