Willimantic Half Marathon Training-Week 12

Holy Cow! Week 12! This week training was still ramping up, working on increasing distances and pacing myself. I honestly can't believe the race is at the end of this month. Only 1 more week until taper!

Weekly Workout Recap:

Monday: Cross-training
-30 mins bike, core and glute strengthening
I was still recovering a little from my long run over the weekend and took it easy on Monday for my cross training day. I knew I had to get in some strengthening through, especially my core. That's a part of my training I regularly neglect, and we all know how important core strengthening is! 

Tuesday: 5 mile run with Marathon Sports Mashpee Run Club
I was recently invited to try out the local run club and I'm officially hooked! They rolled out the 5 mile loop this week, which was perfect since that's what was on my schedule. It was awesome meeting some people I'm friends with on Twitter and Instagram! 

Wednesday: 8 miles, steady pace of 10:30/mi 
I wasn't really feeling this run after my jaunt on Tuesday, but I had the day off and the sunshine was calling me! It was awesome running around my neighborhood in the gorgeous sun. 


Thursday: Rest day, short core exercise routine before trivia
Thursdays are trivia nights for me, but I got home early and decided to bust out some core exercises before we left! 

Friday: 5 miles slow
Sloooooowwwww 5 miles, gearing up for Saturday's long run! 

Saturday: 14 miles, steady pace
Well, I had big plans for this run. I mapped out a course, had my Nuun ready and then it rained. HARD. I woke up early trying to chase the rain, and it was already raining. So I went back to bed. Whoops. But eventually I got up and out the door, only to head to the gym with the daunting task of 14 miles on the treadmill. I saw the news cycle through 3 times. I saw people walk into the gym and leave well before I did. Around mile 8.5 my treadmill stopped and I had to re-start it. Good lord I was BORED. But, I pushed through. And then I came home so sweaty my fiancĂ© thought I ran out in the pouring rain. I call that an achievement. 

Sunday: Rest day
A real rest day. Maybe some grocery shopping. 

Weekly Mileage Total: 32 miles

I feel ready to take on my first half marathon. It's so close! One more long run to go next week and then taper! 

How did your week go? Are you training for a race? 

-Happy Running! 

Comments

  1. Wow, I can't believe you did 14 miles on a treadmill, that is hardcore! I am super impressed with your training plan, it's much more mileage than I've ever done for a half, I really should kick it up and start doing more than just short 3 mile runs during the week - I just get so lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14 on the treadmill was...tough. I was a little skeptical about the training plan I picked, but I really liked the idea of training over the mileage so I knew without a doubt I would finish! Maybe a little ambitious, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Runniversary!

One. More. Month.

Willimantic Half Marathon Training- A Reflection, Part 1